Sunday, September 7, 2008

Joining the Teams

Already, I am a member of ISO. That is an organization for the international students, and it's really making me feel at home! Though it is an unofficial club, I feel like all the athletes are part of a big family, and we all support each other and cheer each other on!

I would like to get involved with a program called WISE. It's an organization that helps the environment and tries to make the women of Converse conscious of what we are doing to it., Lastly, I think that I would be interested in joining the Athletic Association which is a group that promotes the overall health of all women at converse, not just the athletes. I think it would be could to get involved with these groups and really make a difference at Converse.

These groups are somewhat similar to the ones I was involved with in high school, however instead of having an athletic association, people would just recognize me as an athlete. I was also apart of an Eco Friendly club and an AIDs Awareness club. Hopefully if I can't start an AIDs Awareness club, somebody will!

1 comment:

Witney Fisher said...

Lisa - I am somewhat of an eco nut.... hope you enjoy being a part of WISE.