Even though every day, we were taught to be honest to everyone, some people don't. Sometimes I find myself telling little white lies in order not to hurt some one's feelings, or sometimes I'll have to not say anything about something I have heard.
Being honest for a day was not as hard as I thought it would be however. Usually, I am a blunt person who will always try to tell people exactly how I am feeling, so this came naturally to me. Though I was not caught in the infamous 'Do I look fat in this?' trap, I found it difficult at times to be completely honest with people, even though I did not want to hurt them.
Especially when playing a sport, at half time if someone asks you how you think they did, you always try to pick out the positives to try to lift their spirits, even when there was nothing positive about those forty-five minutes. So when someone asked me this, I felt very guilty in telling them everything they did wrong. This I think might have made them play better though, because in the next half, they corrected their mistakes.
In college, I think it is very important to be honest, as a person and academically. If you take someone else’s idea or even their words, then it is not yours, and therefore unfair to credit it as your own. I do not believe that it is morally right to take someone else’s hard work and pass it off as your own, just because you couldn’t be bothered doing the work yourself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment