Thursday, September 18, 2008

Studying Properly

Instead of the library, I chose to do this experiment in the athletic study hall. Like the library, the study hall provides a quiet place where athletes can go to work for 8 mandatory hours a week and complete any academic homework or assignments. Today, I have already been here for an hour and so far I have gotten a lot of work done. Here, there are no distractions and everyone has a common goal - to get things done.

Compared to studying in my room, the study hall gives me a quiet and comfortable place, while still maintaining a professional ambiance. However when I am in my dorm room, I find it very hard to concentrate. For most of the days and nights I have freshmen in my hallways running up and down, yelling out their opera solo's to modern day music of Britney Spears. Not the best way for me to get things done quickly. Also, while I am in my room, I tend to get distracted by my pictures or computer or how soft my bed is looking at that moment. These things are what inhibits my studying the most.

No comments: