So since I am at a university with no one else that I knew coming in, and being so far away from home, I knew making friends fast would be important. However I was a little uneasy with the idea because I', usually not a very outgoing person unless I really get to know someone. Every once in a while I will tell the odd joke, but only my close friends see all sides of me, all 20-odd.
Since I've been at Converse, I have found it pretty easy to make friends and build relationships. Whether it be with fellow classmates, upper class men, professors or campus faculty, everyone is so open and nice enough to wave and smile at you everyday - even if they have no clue who you are. This makes it very comforting while meeting all of these new people.
My other friends in other universities back home keep telling me stories of how their upperclassmen completely ignore them, and they haven't made friends with a lot of the people they've met, and they have never seen half of their hall mates. This makes me appreciate things like Big Sis, Lil Sis week, and hall meetings/parties and the overall commodity around campus.
I have made a lot of new friends and built a lot of relationships since I have been at Converse, without too much of a struggle. I hope to be able to continue this 'talent' throughout the four years that I plan on being here for, and hopefully meet someone new everyday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Lisa, happy to hear you have found the Converse community to be open and warm. Go Valkyries!
Post a Comment